Close by to the Elk Cove Vineyards are two members of a growing group
of McMenamin's Hotels. McMenamins is a "chain" of brewpubs, restaurants,
movie theaters and B&B-style hotels that is much beloved by
Portlanders, each is unique and has its own flavor, often reflecting the
region or historic building that it is in.
Their hotels are more like complexes. They contain bars, pubs,
restaurants, soaking pools, movie theaters, and a copious amount of
McMenamin's art which includes large colorful murals and tilework.
Their lodgings are termed 'European-Style' which means that several rooms
share a bathroom (for cheaper rooms). But the stay is likely to be an
experience as well as a place to sleep, especially for beer lovers.
- McMenamins Grand Lodge
- Close by, the Grand Lodge just opened in Forest Grove which is
about 10 miles North of Elk Cove on Hwy 47.
- McMenamins Hotel Oregon
- Hotel Oregon is located just down the road in McMinnville, about 25
miles South of the vineyard.
- McMenamins Home Page
- A good source of information for all things McMenamins.
- Block Reservations
- If you are planning to stay at McMenamin's Grand Lodge we have a
block of rooms reserved. Mention the "McDermott block" when making
reservations. There should be a few of these rooms left.
Other Hotel-Type Options
Here are some other hotel options in the area with approximate
price range indicated;
$- less than
$$$- over $100 a night.
- Forest Grove (close to Elk Cove)
- Forest Grove Travel Lodge
- $$ (503) 335-7900
- Tualitin Area (30 miles away)
- Best Western Inn
- $$ (503) 620-2030
- Century Hotel
- $$ (503) 692-3600
- Portland Area (40 miles away)
- Day's Inn
- $$ (503) 221-1611
- Doubletree Inn
- $$ (503) 221-0450
- Heathman Hotel
- $$$ (503) 241-4100
Bed and Breakfasts
- A guide to B&Bs in Yamhill County surrounding Elk Cove Vineyards
- The beautiful Northern Oregon Coast is only an hour's drive from the vineyard.
Parks and Camping Options
- Champoeg state park is located about 25 miles South East of Elk Cove
and has overnight camping facilities as well as day use areas. It is a
perfect central location for Northern wine country forays. They even
feature some Yurts for rent!
Weather Forecast for the Champoeg Area
Might not be a bad idea to check this out before finalizing your
plans, it being the great NorthWest and all!
- Take a look at the main Oregon Parks page for other (more distant)
options, online reservations, and park descriptions.